M&E Technical Compliance Manager (EC2)
Our client who is a leading facilities and building services company are currently looking for a M&E Technical Compliance Manager to join their new contract in the City of London.This role will be for a strong leader with exceptional management skills.
Purpose of Role:
To support the Facilities Services business in ensuring that technical and statutory compliance across the contract is maintained to the highest standard.
Provide support to the operational teams and ensure statutory compliance is maintained with all client systems utilised in line with contract requirements.
To support the Facilities Services business in providing technical compliance leadership, support covering all the mechanical and electrical aspects of contract service. Ensuring the following:
- Technical compliance commitments are met and exceeded.
- Staff are suitably trained and competency assessed
Successful post holders will be strong in management and leadership practices, having the character and presence to help drive engineering standards improvement throughout the whole team.The post holder will be a good communicator and networker, liaising well with both internal and external stakeholders to produce and resource plans for corrective action and ensuring compliance and contract performance.
- Provide technical compliance leadership, and ensure that all compliance commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure the site teams are fully compliant and support the site management team in ensuring that critical processes and procedures are embedded across the site(s)
- Develop and maintain technical and regulatory standards and requirements for maintenance by the constant updating and implementation of effective processes policies and procedures throughout the company
- Ensure all staff are informed of changes in statutory regulations by way of bulletin/article compliance updates.
- Maintain the registrations for OFTEC, Gas Safe, F Gas etc. and maintain registers of competent persons applicable to these disciplines.
- To ensure that systems and processes are in place to ensure compliance to agreed standards and that knowledge is shared within the technical team, ensure the production of written schemes of examination for M&E systems.
- Be fully conversant with the Company procedures, associated guidance manuals and technical standards/regulations. Ensure use / implementation of CAFM/design tools and contractual and legislative obligations are adhered to.
- Be familiar with all current and future legislation regarding Building Regs, standards, CDM, Health, Safety & Environmental issues relating to technical activities,maintain an ongoing awareness of national and international standards of technical expertise, reporting back to appropriate personnel any significant changes.
- Support all internal and external auditors.
- Undertake risk assessments, safety and technical audits in line with relevant safety legislation, contract obligations and the Company’s Health and Safety systems and procedures.
- To review annually and own the Company’s Statutory Compliance Manual ensuring that it reflects current legislation an guidanceas relevant to our activities.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations across all technical areas of expertise by completion of internal audits and involvement in external audits to support and develop an ethos of Continuous Improvement. In conjunction with the contract administration team monitor client statutory compliance tracker to ensure continued compliance.
- Contribute to the effective planning, set up, mobilisation and operation of contracts/additional sites in accordance with the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Complete internal monthly performance report & submit to the Operations Manager for review.
- Coach members of your team in their responsibilities in regard to compliance and quality assurance/control matters.
- Ensure that all sites are contractually compliant (both from a statutory and mandatory perspective) for services delivered within scope, and robust and rigorous means of recording this are maintained.
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, and staff.
- Support the Divisional Technical Manager in conduct technical assessments of NGB personnel.
- Essential criteria
- IEng status or equivalent level, a professional member of relevant bodies, IET, CIBSE, BSRIA etc.
- Proven experience working within a large building services environment.
- Proven managerial experience within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrable understanding of all relevant Health and Safety legislation and approved practices including SSOW and reporting.
- Demonstrable communication skills, with good verbal and written reporting abilities at working and senior levels.
- Experience and understanding of condition monitoring and trending techniques, including BMS use and other engineering data management and exploitation.
- 17th edition or registration with recognised body.
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or equivalent.
- Experience and qualification with HV management and/or switching.