Full Driving License and vehicle are essential as you will be traveling between sites in the East London & Essex
Intermediate level Network Engineer required asap to join our clients current operations team.
Hours: Shift work between hours of 08:00 -18:00 (working 7.5 hours a day)
- Report directly to the Network and Telecoms Manager
- Working as part of the operations team, the Network Engineer will be responsible for managing the daily, weekly and monthly network support checklists.
- Major working relationships and liaison with IT and any other departments or external agencies.
- Support the Network Manager in the day to day management of company networks which includes wired and wireless.
- Working as part of the network 3rd line technical support team.
- To provide the highest level of technical support remotely and over the phone.
- Troubleshooting high levels of complexity IT support tickets.
- To ensure support tickets, service request are completed within the agreed service level agreement at all times.
- Carry-out prompt escalation of possible fault or problems to Network Manager or other appropriate IT Management.
- Ensure approved change controls and any changes are fully documented.
- ITIL Foundation certification or higher (Desirable)
- Cisco CCNA or higher (or relevant exposure and experience) (Essential)
- 1-2 years’ experience in 3rd line network support / Infrastructure support (Essential)
- 2-3 years or more experience within ICT and ICT customer service support (Essential)
- NHS Experience (Desirable)
- Experience with dealing with 3rd parties including BT / Virgin Media / BT N3 and NHS digit (Essential)
- Experience of undertaking Network surveys and Network audits or research to support new site developments and develops methodologies for the analysis and/or interpretation of data (Essential)
- Experience of Interpreting data, creating reports; network designs and topology, develops or programs and maintains routing designs and maintain IP addresses (Essential)
- Good understanding of LAN’s, WAN, Routing protocols etc. (Essential)
- Completing necessary change control forms for approval (Essential)
- Microsoft Office Suite (2013 / 2016 / Other) (Essential)
- Microsoft Active Directory 2012 / 2016 (Essential)
- Network Cabling Specifications (Essential)
- Cisco AnyConnect – Remote access solutions (Desirable)
- Cisco Switches (2960, 3560, 3750, Nexus 5K) (Essential)
- Cisco ASA firewalls (5500) (Desirable)
- Cisco Routers (2800, 2900, 3700) (Essential)
- Cisco Wi-Fi Controllers (Desirable)
- Palo Alto Firewalls (Desirable)
- Solarwinds (Desirable)
- Cisco Prime (Desirable)
- Cisco ISE (Essential)
- Windows 10 and above (Essential)
- Windows Server DNS /DHCP (Essential)
Customer Service skills
- Highly competent methodology and troubleshooting skills (Essential)
- Excellent Interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Professional, Calm and efficient manner (Essential)
- Used to working in a highly busy environment (Essential)
- Adaptability, flexibility to cope with uncertainty and change (Essential)
- Team Player, ability to bounce ideas and design off one another within a team (Essential)
- Tenacious trouble-shooter / Strong and methodical approach to troubleshooting support tickets (Essential)
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours to ensure testing and implementation can occur in order to minimize disruption to service users (Essential)