Facilities Manager (Covent Garden)
Working for an independent charity who are working to improve continuously the quality of healthcare in the UK.
Accountable to Head of Operations, the Facilities Manager will manage the general facilities and Health and Safety.
To provide a comprehensive and effective facilities management service for the organisation, including overseeing reception and visitors, managing the facilities budget, taking responsibility for the office lease, leading on insurance renewals and upkeep of the business continuity plan, overseeing building works and managing contractors (including negotiating contracts) and line management of two team members.
The Facilities Manager will also have overall responsibility for Health and Safety, including mitigating risks, carrying out risk assessments, ensuring that there are correctly trained first aiders and fire wardens, and ensuring overall H&S compliance.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of facilities / office management experience and be trained to an IOSH level.The role requires a self-starter with good problem solving skills.
Please note the post holder will need to be available to work occasional weekends in order to oversee planned works and may be on call in the evening / early morning.
Candidates Must Have
- Budgetary experience
- Knowledge of NEBOSH (National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety and IOSH certification
- Knowledge of current building regulations, recycling regulations, including DDA and WEEE legislation
- Previous knowledge of insurance arrangements for charities
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers, tendering and retendering process
- Previous office management experience.
- Good organisational skills
- Tact and discretion
- Computer literate
- Strong negotiating skills